Employment Opportunity: Supervisor of Operational Services - Posting Closes October 6, 2023
Supervisor of Operational Services (Full-Time, Permanent, On-Site)
We are seeking an individual who thrives in a culture of change and progression to join #TeamTay as the Supervisor of Operational Services. We are looking for adaptability to our growing and evolving Municipality and demonstrated enthusiasm for positively impacting the Corporation and our Community as one.
Reporting to the Manager of Parks, Recreation and Facilities Services and the Manager of Roads and Fleet Services, the Supervisor of Operational Services (the “Supervisor”) is responsible for the day-to-day coordination and supervision of Operational Services staff as they execute the operating functions of the Roads, Fleet, Parks, Recreation and Facilities Operational Services divisions.
- Completion of post-secondary education from an accredited educational institution, or equivalent training and/or experience, in Engineering, Technology, or another relevant discipline; OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) or equivalent is required.
- Class ‘DZ’ driver’s license in good standing; Class ‘AZ’ Driver’s Licence in good standing is considered an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years of related, progressive work experience, in the coordination and/or implementation of maintenance programs related to core municipal infrastructure (e.g., roads, bridges, culverts, parks, facilities).
- Formal leadership and coaching/mentoring training and/or willingness to complete.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive supervisory/management experience, preferably in a municipal or public sector environment.
- Knowledge of the various computer and internet applications appropriate to the position including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, email, document management, and other information-related software; internet-based research proficiency is essential.
The compensation range for this full-time, permanent position is $37.45 to $43.82 per hour with a 40-hour work week. We also offer a comprehensive pension and benefit package (conditions may apply).
Join our team today and help transform the way local government connects with the community it serves.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to do the following:
- Reference the complete position description including comprehensive qualifications available on the Tay Township website – tay.ca/jobs
- Please submit a cover letter and resume via email by 4:00 p.m., Friday, October 6, 2023, to the attention of Human Resources (HR@Tay.ca).
- Please reference ‘OS Supervisor’ at the start of the email subject line.
- Please indicate how you heard about this opportunity within your application.
We kindly thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act will only be used for candidate selection. Tay Township is an equal-opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessible Canada Act, 2019 and all applicable provincial accessibility standards, upon request, accommodation will be provided by the Tay Township throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities.