Boards and Committees>
Volunteers serve an important role in our Community. Tay Township welcomes members of the public to become involved. Committees, Boards and Organizations provide advice and input on the development of projects, policies and initiatives that improve the overall quality of life in Tay Township.
Members are appointed every four years or as vacancies occur. If you are interested in serving on the various Committees or Boards please review the available positions under Vacancies and complete the application.
Heritage Committee (2)
Seniors Advisory Committee (3)
Victoria Harbour Recreation Committee (2)
Waubaushene Recreation Committee (1)
Port McNicoll Recreation Committee (2)
If you are interested in serving on a Committee or Board, please complete and submit the required application either in person, by mail or email to
Katelyn Johns, MPPA
450 Park Street P.O Box 100
Victoria Harbour, ON L0K 2A0
Thank you to all those who submitted an application to serve on a Committee or Board.
Code of Conduct for Citizen Appointees to Boards and Committees
The purpose and intent of the Code of Conduct is to establish guidelines for the conduct of citizens appointed by Council to various advisory, ad hoc and special purpose boards and committees of the Township or on which the Township is represented. The Code will ensure that:
- The decision making process is open, accessible and equitable;
- Decisions are made through the appropriate channels of government;
- Conflicts of interest are declared with the appointee taking appropriate measures;
- Appointments are not used for personal gain;
- Appointees hold membership for the benefit of the public and community at large;
- There is fairness and respect for differences;
- The deliberative privileges of the board and committee are maintained;
- Personal information is protected.
450 Park Street, PO Box 100
ON L0K 2A0
705-534-7248 ext. 240