Please note that meetings for this Committee have been postponed until further notice.
The Tay Township Volunteer Community Policing Committee is composed of volunteers from across Tay Township and is supported by two members of Council and two members of the Southern Georgian Bay Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police.
The committee meets on a monthly basis (except July and August) at the Township office and has been formed to help support and facilitate interaction between the community and the police.
Improved communications between the community and the police is a primary objective of the committee.
Contacting your local police
- Non-emergency line 1-888-310-1122. The call will be answered unless they are dealing with other emergencies. This is the best option if you are looking for enforcement action.
- Visit opp.ca to report traffic complaints of ATV/UTV/Recreational vehicles if they are on the roadway. The OPP track and map this information, giving them a more accurate idea of where issues are occurring.
- March 7, 2023
- April 11, 2023
- May 9, 2023
- June 6, 2023
- Break for July
- Break for August
- September 5, 2023
- October 10, 2023 - cancelled
- November 7, 2023 - postponed
- December 5, 2023 - postponed
Harry Joel Rumney
Council Representative - Councillor Sylvia Bumstead
Staff Support - Municipal Law Enforcement Officer
The committee held a public round table discussion and Q&A session about Opioids, Drug Use and Abuse in Simcoe County on January 13, 2020. The two presentations below were presented at that meeting.
No one is immune to fraud so the Competition Bureau of Canada created the Little Black Book of Scams to help Canadians: