Tay Township strives to make our community safe, healthy and enjoyable for everyone through proactive By-law Enforcement Services.
Municipal Law Enforcement Officers are responsible for enforcing Municipal By-laws to ensure a safe, quiet and enjoyable community for all residents. They are also a resource if you have questions or concerns relating to By-laws or other enforcement issues.
Municipal Law Enforcement Officers investigate noise complaints, property standards issues, littering and dumping, parking and other matters concerning Tay Township.
- Contact the Municipal By-law Enforcement Officer at 705-534-7248 x248
- Submit a completed By-law Enforcement Complaint Form to the Municipal Office or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please ensure that you include your name, address and telephone number.
Our By-law Officers require contact information for follow-up, or, depending on the nature of the offence, to provide evidence and/or to appear as a witness in any court proceeding pertaining to the complaint made. Please note that incomplete forms will not be investigated. Your information will be kept confidential.
Parking Tickets can be paid in person at the Municipal Office, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. by:
- Cheque payable to "Tay Township"
- Money Orders
Payment after normal business hours can be made by cheque or money order (please do not leave cash) using our after-hours envelope drop slot outside the Municipal Office. Please include the ticket along with the payment.
For more information contact our By-law officers at 705-534-7248 x248 or email email@example.com
- to increase public awareness of the municipality's current by-laws;
- to assist residents to become more familiar with their responsibilities and rights as property owners or tenants;
- to achieve compliance with our by-laws through education rather than fines.
Please note that during the summer months throughout May until the end of August, By-law has extended hours including weekend coverage. If you are experiencing an after-hours By-law emergency please call 705-534-7248 and press 2. Please note, the phone may ring several times when being transferred to voicemail.
If you require assistance with a non-emergency Policing matter please contact the Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122, or in the case of an emergency call 911.