For the latest news releases from Tay Township visit our News Page or follow us on social media Twitter @TayTownship or Facebook @TayTownshipON
COVID-19 Assessment Centre
Effective Wednesday, November 17, 2021: The Midland COVID-19 Assessment Centre has relocated from the Georgian Bay General Hospital site to the North Simcoe Family Health Team at 619 Prospect Boulevard in Midland.
- Book a COVID-19 test by visiting the Georgian Bay General Hospital Website.
- The Assessment Centre is a drive-thru format. Please follow the signage and remain in your vehicle rather than enter the building.
By Appointment Only:
- To book an appointment online
- Call the Assessment Centre booking desk at 705-526-7804 ext. 253
- Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Have you been tested for COVID-19? Test results can be found through the Ontario Ministry of Health portal – https://covid-19.ontario.ca/
If you do not have internet access for booking an appointment at the Assessment Centre or receiving test results, please call 705-529-1025.
*** IMPORTANT: The Midland COVID-19 Assessment Centre does not perform testing for outbound travel purposes. To obtain a COVID-19 test for outbound travel purposes, please visit the following for more information:
- The Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, is leading the efforts to immunize residents in Simcoe Muskoka. Appointments can be booked through the Provincial Booking System online at Ontario.ca/COVID19 or by calling 1-888-999-6488. For information on local vaccination clinics visit www.simcoemuskokahealth.org.
- Community Reach offers rides to people who do not have access to transportation or need accessible transportation.
- If you have a vaccine appointment (already booked) in the North Simcoe area 0and need a ride please call Community Reach at 705-528-6999.
- Rates $5.00, $7.50, $10.00 depending on where you live.
If you think you have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, use this self-assessment to help determine how to seek further care.
- MHCC: Resource Hub for Mental Health and Wellness
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868
- Good2Talk is a free, confidential mental health support service providing professional counselling and information and referrals for mental health, addictions and well-being to postsecondary students in Ontario, 24/7/365.