Located at 560 Calvert Street in Port McNicoll, the Tay Community Rink is an NHL-sized refrigerated covered outdoor rink.
BOOK YOUR PRIVATE ICE RENTAL HERE *Starting November 1, 2023
• Please check availability and book your PRIVATE rentals via the Online Booking Portal link above
• Private rentals are available daily for $115 + HST and Insurance Fee per hour from November 13 to March 17
• You can also book ice time by visiting our Municipal Office during regular business hours Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m
Please Note: Our system will only accept bookings up to 48 hours before the rental time, please be sure to book in advance to secure your rental. Book your ice time and check availability online via the Online booking portal linked above.
If you do not currently have an account with our Recreation Booking Software: Register Your Account Ahead of time (Including Credit Card Information for Payment) Here
You can also book ice time by visiting our Municipal Office during regular business hours Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m. Please note bookings are NOT accepted over the phone.
*If a box is still yellow on this weekly schedule, the ice has not been booked and therefore reverts to the free public use. Please be sure to check this schedule before you come to the Rink to ensure that it has not been privately booked.
Below are the permanent times for FREE Public Skating and Shinny this season. In addition the weekly schedule (above) changes daily and this is where you will find more free public skating and shinny times listed.
Free - Public Skating
Monday to Sunday - 12:00 p.m to 1:00 p.m.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday - 6:40 p.m to 7:40 p.m.
Free - Parent and Tot Skating
Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 10:40 a.m to 11:40 a.m.
Tuesday and Thursday - 1:20 p.m. to 2:20 p.m
Free - Seniors Shinny (+55)
Tuesday and Thursday - 10:40 a.m. to 11:40 a.m.
Free - Shinny 13 & under
Wednesdays - 1:20 p.m. to 2:20 p.m.
Thursdays - 5:20 p.m. to 6:20 p.m.
Saturdays - 1:20 p.m. to 2:20 p.m.
Free - Shinny 14+
Tuesdays - 6:40 p.m. to 7:40 p.m.
Sundays - 1:20 p.m. to 2:20 p.m.
The 3 natural ice surfaces in Tay Township include:
Bridgeview Park Rink (4 Fallowfield Lane, Waubaushene) - CLOSED
Oakwood Park Rink (290 Park Street, Victoria Harbour) - CLOSED
Waverley Park Rink (1049 Truax Lane, Waverley) - CLOSED
These rinks are open weather dependent during the Winter months.
Participants are asked to observe the following safety rules for the enjoyment of all:
- It is recommended that all skaters wear CSA approved helmets.
- All participants must wear skates while on the ice surface. Those without skates will not be permitted on the ice surface.
- Chairs, sleds, strollers, and other obstructions are not permitted on the ice surface.
- Food and drinks are not permitted on the ice surface.
- Games or horseplay such as tag or racing will not be permitted.
- Refrain from carrying children on shoulders or in arms while skating.
- The use of hockey sticks is not permitted during public skating sessions.
- Refrain from throwing snow or ice.
- Adhere to the directions of the rink staff members.
- Report all accidents or injuries to the rink staff members on duty.
- Wearing hockey equipment on the ice is not permitted during public skating sessions.
- Power skating or figure skating is not permitted during public skating sessions.
- The middle of the ice surface is reserved for children and less confident skaters.
- Skate at a sensible and safe speed in the same direction as other skaters.
Skaters and spectators are deemed to have knowledge of and assume the inherent risks including but are not limited to:
- Injuries from collisions or contact with other individuals on the ice surface.
- Injuries from falls.
If you're looking to promote your business, the Township offers advertising opportunities at Tay Community Rink. For more information please contact:
Manager of Parks, Recreation and Facility Services
705-534-7248 ext. 235
Private rentals are available daily for $35/hr starting mid-May 2022.
To book your floor time please call our recreation team at 705-534-7248 ext. 255 or visit us at our Municipal Office during regular business hours Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to